Fruit Gelatin...easy and oh so good!

"Jello" Gelatin was always a wonderful side dish or dessert with thousands of recipes to pick from.and was a life saver when I was on Weight Watchers with the "sugar-free" varieties....... 

being preservative free I really missed the refreshing happy jiggly dessert until one day while searching recipes from scratch. I found the recipe for fruit juice Gelatin... I had knox gelatin packets in my cupboard for the fun Knox Blocks I used to make... I was excited to give it a try.

It was amazing!  

2 C fruit Juice
1 T gelatin 

heat 1 C fruit juice just enough to dissolve the gelatin
add the gelatin... make sure it is thoroughly dissolved.

remove from heat and add the other C of juice...put in serving dish(es)  and chill.


For Thanksgiving I did  a redo of my Mother-in-laws great cherry jello... which had cherry pie filling ... but in stead I used cranberries ... it was tart but we have found that since we are watching our sugar intake we find we prefer tart!

Give it a try...it is fun to try different juices...I was tired of the dark colored jello so picked up some Orange Mango Juice... can't wait to try it!
1C Juice heated enough to dissolve 1 T Gelatin. No Lumps
then add 1 C cold Juice.


I put Cranberry sauce (from fresh cranberries)  in the bottom of the dessert dishes and then the gelatin
refrigerate...
This is the Gelatin I use now... it is from grass-fed animals

Comments

Popular Posts